Limited License Review and Exam
Florida Pesticide Licensing & CEUs
For specific pesticide license information see below. Each link provides details on obtaining and renewing a specific certification. Included are details about any necessary study manuals, study guides (if any), and the costs of the testing and renewal.
Qualify to get your FERTILIZER license!!
Register on-line today; space is limited
Get the training required for the urban fertilizer certificate. Join us for a FREE Green Industries Best Management Practices class on Nov. 5, 2014 in Wildwood, Fl. Pre-registration required at the link below:
Where can you find CEU classes?
Sumter County Extension and surrounding counties have multiple opportunities for convenient Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
Can you take CEU courses online?
Do you need a pesticide certification or license?
The State of Florida requires that most professionals that apply pesticides as part of their job be certified to legally apply ANY pesticides (even Round-Up). Who must be certified and the type of certification required depends on the type of chemicals used, the site of application and the role of the applicator.
How do you renew your license?
Re-certification is required before a license can be renewed. This can be accomplished by either:
- Accumulating the required number of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) prior to the expiration date.
- Which pesticide license do I need?
- What do I need to prepare for the exam?
- What does a license cost, how often and how much to renew, what CEUs are required?
- How long will it be until I know if I passed? You will usually be notified within 4 – 8 weeks. Chapter 487 exam scores are available online at Bureau of Compliance Monitoring
Exam Study Guides, Manuals and other materials
- Basic Florida Pesticide License Information [73KB pdf]
- Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Florida Administrative Code, Chapter 5E-14: Entomology - Pest Control Regulations
- Licensing and Certification - Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control (BEPC)
- Limited Certification Application Instructions for Commercial Landscape Maintenance (216KB pdf)
- Pesticide Applicator Licenses - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (FDACS)
- Pesticide Certification & Licensing - Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (BCM)
- FNGLA Coastal Springs Chapter
- Chapter 388: Mosquito Control - The 2000 Florida Statutes
- Chapter 482: Pest Control - The 2000 Florida Statutes
- Chapter 482: Structural Pest Control Act - The 2008 Florida Statutes
- Chapter 487: Pesticides - The 2000 Florida Statutes