Sumter County Awards & Recognition
Any 4-H member who turns in a completed Project or Record book for will receive a 4-H year pin, A Project pin, and an Invitation to our Annual Youth Awards Banquet. Project Completion
Youth who turn in a completed Project or Record book are encouraged to turn in applications for our 4-H Awards.
ALL AWARDS APPLICATIONS FOR COUNTY RECOGNITION ARE DUE JUNE 10th by 5:00pm [unless otherwise stated]
Outstanding 4-H'er of The Year
- Categories: Junior, Intermediate and Senior
- Building My Portfolio with Examples
- Application to Apply: "Building My Portfolio" [use for all ages]
Graduating Senior Scholarship
- Application to Apply: Graduating Senior Scholarship
- Qualifications: 4-H Member must be a gratuating senior and plans on attending a college or university.
- Portfolios are due May 23rd of every year for county review and are due June 1st to the State 4-H office
Horseman of the Year
- Application to Apply: Horseman of the Year
- Qualifications: Must have completed at least Junior year of high school and have completed at least two years of the horse project including current year.
- Portfolios are due May 23rd of every year for county review and are due June 1st to the State 4-H office.
Standards of Exellence
- Qualifications: Standards of Excellence: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Emerald
- Standards of Excellence Helpful Tips
- Application to Apply:
Club High Participation Award
- Application to Apply: Club Participation Award